Summer Work And Travel USA 2019


Since 1998 AIEP / Interservice implements the Work & Travel USA Program
and is the official representative of InterExchange Organization in Armenia,
who has more than 50 years of work experience in the field of Cultural
Exchange Programs and is authorised by US Government.
AIEP/Inerservice carefuly screens, selects, Identifying suitable
candidates and recruites qualifite appplicants for Work & Travel
Program who meet the requieremnts for participation in the Program.


What is the Work & Travel Program?
The Work & Travel Program is designed to achieve the educational
students of international exchange by directly involving them during
their summer vacations, in the daily life of the host country through
temporary employment opportunities.
Program provides international university students the opportunity to
live,work and travel in the United States on J-1 visas during their
summer. Students are offered jobs in hotels, inns, ammusement parks,
national parks, campgrounds, restaurants in resort areas throughout the
United States.
Students can have a chance to experience the United States to share
your own traditions and culture with people from
the U.S.also meet people from all over the world!

Who Can participate?
You must:
• Be between the ages of 18 and 28
• Be a full-time student
• Attend orientation and an interview session in home country
• Be flexible, open-minded,and willing to work hard.
What can I expect from Work & Travel program?
US Organization will act as your sponsor and issue you a DS-2019 form (the
document needed to obtain a J-1 visa).
Sponsor Organization will find you a job in the U.S. and guarantees
one job offer, which generally includes pre-arranged, housing (or assistance in
finding such housing). Self-Arranged participants will
find their own job.

J-1 Visa
The J-1 visa is the sticker in your passport, issued by a consular officer
at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your home country. The J-1 visa
allows you to enter the U.S. when you present it with your DS-2019 Form at the airport.

DS-2019 Form
The DS-2019 Form is proof of sponsorship for a J-1visa.
You are allowed to work ONLY with a valid DS-2019 Form and only
through the dates listed on your DS-2019.
The program is based on the dates on your DS-2019 Form.
You may work for the time period listed on the DS-2019 Form.
The Work & Travel J-1 Visa is only valid together with your DS-2019 Form

What is SEVIS?
SEVIS stands for Student and Exchange Visitor Information System.
The Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) is a
government, computerized system that collects and manages data
about foreign students and exchange visitors during their stay in the
United States.
SEVIS keeps track of all Work & Travel USA participants while they are
in the U.S. It tells the U.S. government where you live, where you
work, and your legal status on the Work & Travel USA Program. All
program participants
must register on the website within 10 days of arriving in the
U.S. If you do not give
your information to Sponsor Organization you will be removed from the
program, required to leave the country immediately.

Social Security
Since you will be working in the US, you will need to apply for a
SocialSecurity card.
You will apply for your Social Security card at a local Social Security
office. When you apply for your card, you must bring your original
documents and photocopies. These documents are:
• Your passport with the J-1 Visa
• I-94 Card
• DS-2019 Form (make a photocopy of the front and back)
You will not be issued a Social Security Number if you do not register in
SEVIS. You must register as soon as you arrive at your job.
Participants are covered by comprehensive medical insurance while in
the United States which exceeds the State Department's current rules
and regulations regarding insurance for J-1 exchange visitors.

Program Allows you to:
• Work up to 3 months (the dates on your DS-2019 Form)
• Apply for a Social Security number.
Does not allow you to:
• Work as a domestic, au pair, camp counselor, or in the medical field
• Extend your work eligibility or program participation
• The right to work or stay in the U.S. after the end of the Program.

Our Work And Travel USA Participants

applicant 4ParticipantApplicant 2 applicant 2

Please apply if you:

  • Want to work at least 3 months.
  • Have no difficulty adapting to new situations and are flexible. Do not mind performing menial or physical tasks.
  • Attend orientation and an interview session in your home country.
  • Have no problem working in teams and have no difficulty following orders.
  • Do not mind being far away from cities